Final Paper: Cyber Crime Task Force Plan
Scenario: You have been an investigator for the St. Louis Police Department for many years. Recent surges in cybercrime have caused your police department to consider developing a cyber-crime task force to combat the rising number of cyber thefts in St. Louis County jurisdictions. The police commissioner recognizes that you are a top investigator and appoints you to lead the new cyber-crime task force. The commissioner says to you “Build a cyber-crime task force. Tell us [a] what the greatest cyber threats are, [b] what you need to establish a cyber-crime task force, and [c] what legislation we should push for to stop these cybercrimes.”
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
In eight to ten double-spaced pages, (excluding the title page and reference page) develop a cyber-crime task force plan for St. Louis County in Missouri. Use research from the Internet, library and scholarly journals to identify cybercrime investigative strategies and task force developments around the country. Identify techniques, tools, and organizational structures used by other law enforcement agencies to determine which ones will be most useful for your task force. Use the following outline to produce your plan for the St. Louis police commissioner:
- Executive Summary of Cyber Crime Task Force Plan (one paragraph)
- Cybercrime threats in St. Louis County
- What are the greatest cybercrime threats that St. Louis County is currently facing or likely to face in the near future? (Use data and statistics from outside the course text.)
- Which three types of cybercrime will be the top priorities for the task force?
- Which organizational structure will the task force utilize?
- What personnel and skills will the task force need to investigate the top three cyber threats?
- Which federal agencies in the St. Louis area should the task force develop relationships with in order to be effective?
- Which types of equipment, technologies, and items should the police commissioner acquire for the Cyber Crime Task Force?
- What is needed to develop a cyber-crime lab capable of performing cyber forensics?
- Why are these systems important?
- In order to pursue cyber criminals, what legislation and provisions should be developed in St. Louis County to increase local law enforcement capacity for investigating cybercrime?
- Where should these laws be passed?
- In addition to those identified above, what other factors should be considered in building a Cyber Crime Task Force?
Students must refer to and cite cyber-crime task force best practices used by federal, state and local law enforcement around the country to inform their Cyber Crime Task Force Plan. In addition to the course text, you must use at least five scholarly sources to support your thesis. All sources must be properly cited, and the Final Paper must be formatted according to APA style.
Writing the Final Paper:
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must use a minimum of five (5) scholarly resources in addition to the course text
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use APA (6th ed.) style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include a Reference Page that is completed according to APA (6th ed.) style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.