750 words and required journal entries
Your city has decided to build a new library. The projected cost is $2 million. A bond issue for $1.2 million has been authorized, and the remainder is supposed to come from a contribution of $800,000 from the general fund. The bonds sold for $1.3 million, a premium of $100,000. Create the required journal entries for the following transactions:
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
- The budget for the library
- The payment and receipt of funds from the general fund
- The issuance of the bonds
- Assume that the premium remained in the capital projects fund.
- Identify all of the funds required for these entries.
- Discuss how the bond premium could be disposed.
In general terms, compare and contrast how expenditures are controlled in the general fund and in debt service funds. Explain why differences would occur