Due 20:00 New York zone @ 20:00
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
DQ 1 250 words in length.
The purpose of this discussion is to understand the growing concerns of consumerism and how the concept of consumerism is applied to varied contexts. Prepare and post a response to the following prompts:
- Describe consumerism. How is it applied in varied contexts?
- What is planned obsolescence?
- What are your personal beliefs and biases about consumption?
- Having separated your personal belief and bias and using your newly honed skills of ethical evaluation, present how you feel about consumerism and planned obsolescence as a societal issue using ethical theories and concepts.
DQ 2 250 words in length.
The purpose of this discussion is to understand the role of corporations in the modern world, and evaluating ethical aspects of corporate market domination. Prepare and post a response to the following prompts:
- What is a corporation? What are the defining characteristics of a public corporation? What is a conglomerate? What is the difference between a corporation and a conglomerate?
- Describe how media conglomerates are organized in the United States. Use an example of one media conglomerate and examine is various parts. How might these parts work together for mutual advantage?
- Consider the ethics of media conglomerates. What are the advantages and drawbacks of allowing large conglomerates to control the mass media? What are alternatives ways the media can be organized? Would the alternatives be more ethical or virtuous? Explain.