Assignment 2: Discussion—Your Carbon Footprint and the Future
A carbon footprint is the amount of greenhouse gas emissions that each individual produces. Calculating your carbon footprint can give you a new perspective concerning how much you are really contributing to the greenhouse effect.
In this assignment, you will apply what you have learned about taking personal responsibility for your environment and calculate your own carbon footprint.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
Using The Nature Conservancy Web site, calculate your carbon footprint. You can calculate this by clicking on the calculator and filling out the estimated values. Access this Web site using the following link:
- The Nature Conservancy. (2011). Carbon footprint calculator: What’s my carbon footprint? Retrieved from http://www.nature.org/greenliving/carboncalculator/index.htm
Respond to the following:
- Describe your final carbon footprint.
- Classify where most of the carbon you generate comes from.
- Considering all you have learned in this course, state if you feel you have a new appreciation for your role in the environment.
- Examine how you impact the environment. Do you think you impact the environment more than you should?
- Describe the part of your life that is contributing the most carbon.
- Propose how you can reduce this number. In your opinion, explain if it is realistic for you to try and reduce this number.
Write your initial response in approximately 300–350 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By Sunday, November 22, 2015, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, November 25, 2015, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses. Consider the following:
- How does your carbon footprint differ from theirs?
- Suggest ways in which your classmates can reduce their carbon footprint.
Note: All discussion assignments in this course will be graded using a rubric. Download the discussion rubric and carefully read it to understand the expectations.